WHAT I DO WHEN I MISS HOME: 'ITALY'

I moved to London two year ago and sometimes i still have them days where i am incredibly home sick, for so many reasons for example the overcrowding in my area, or just i miss simply the food cause it has always been a big factor, or just miss the equity of the area i used to live and the welcoming people and not have to deal with the rush and not missing the train factor.

So here some things i do just to get my head out and not feeling like crap during the period .


  1. READING BOOKS: it seems that i do read a lot and to improve my english i had to stop reading in Italian. so this is one of the way i use to not feeling that gap. 
  2. WATCHING STREAMING: i have loads of programmes that i used to love and still do but watching on demand in not always the first option i follow, as i don't watch tv that much anyway. 
  3. EXPLORE NEW PLACES: to stop feeling homesick you don't always have to stay home and do things that sometimes could make you feel more homesick, so i what i did was just taking a little trip me and my self to visit new places outside london.
  4. STOP THE LONG SKYPE PHONE CALLS: I can stay at the line with my friend for hrs and hrs but you NEED to take a break as is not benefice at all your status. so just ear from them time to time during that period. 
  5. TREAT MY SELF: All you need is google maps and trip advisor to fin new restaurants to try, have a little date with your friend and eat whatever you are missing form home.
  6. HANGING OUT WITH ITALIANS FRIENDS: I have many friends from all over Europe since i go to a music uni, so what happens is that you get to make friendship with people from your country and having a day together out where you can speak and remembering things you were doing or trends were used to say is a really entertaining procedure. 
However i hope i gave you some good advice in how to avoid an filing that whole that sometimes it creates and often made the mistake of closing it all in my self and not having a good time and being upset, so my best advice is to just tap to anyone close to you and try and do something to make you stay better in this circumstances. xx





Labis Fulham Broadway 

No comments