WHY NOT FREE YOUR NATURAL CURLS?


Girl, i am not going to lie you about my insecurities of my hair looked and how is it shaped. Growing in an Italian primary white community i always felt like i needed to have long straight blonde hair, and never really appreciated what god gifted me with.
We all know it aint easy since still today moan and cringe when i i have to comb or brush my own hair, without thinking of all the times i shared tears and had arguments with my mom on how painful she was pulling my hair. LOL

However leaving that painful part of my childhood being told ("you have to suffer if you want to look nice") growing up and getting to know different types of hair textures, low&high water density ect i started exploring more how the platform of natural hair was involved and all the products to have great results on hair growth aswell as being healthy.
I personally today used far to many products on my hair to list them all. but some of my favourites are mainly from Cantu: where i overuse their conditioner aswell as deep treatment masques.
Primarily oil my scalp with Papaya and Passion fruit oil seal for dreadlocks. (i know is weird but it seems to smell wonderful &give that nice oily texture to my curls).



I used to cornrow my hair for weeks and wash it through out the time i was wearing wigs or just hats. and seemed that braiding the hair down made a massive different in volume as my hair was quite thin. since i lost loads of hair while transitioning form relaxed.



So here're some tips to boots your confidence in leaving your natural hair out and how to improve your maintain it:




  1. Remember that no one is judging you (aka DGAF factor )  you are your own persona and who cares if your hair is not the biggest "afro" ever seen (cause shrinkage is doing bits) or that you don't have them nice loose curls and you got 4a/c hair pattern. you are always beautiful. 
  2. Play with your hair:try new hairstyles, not just the simple hair elastic band. pig tails, braided to one side and many more 
  3. Color, if you feel bored of the natural dark brown color dye or bleach your hair even if the second one is not the best options. 
  4. Eat healthy; it my sounds stupid but hair growth is not just all about washing and deep conditioners. eating healthy mainly vitamins and minerals to let your hair be strong and remain healthy. Eating proteins like having chicken, turkey or fish will boots the natural shine products that are produced by consuming that diet and if not your hair will naturally feel and look dry. 
  5. Cornrow or plat your hair; doing this will allow the growth of the volume in your hair in a secure and faster way. But is not always beneficial if done the wrong way: don't plat your braids tiny, cause is just going to consume you edges.

2 comments

  1. Replies
    1. thanks i appreciate !! still working on it so will come across better!

      Delete